If you feel like eating a stir fry for dinner, but want something a bit lighter, this raw rainbow noodle salad might be just the thing.
This dish is so fresh & tasty. It makes a perfect dinner, but you can also enjoy it for lunch the next day (if you have any left).
- 1-2 zucchinis (spiralized)
- 1-2 carrots (spiralized)
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- Approx. 15 snowpeas (thinly sliced lengthways)
- Handful of green beans (sliced in half lengthways)
- 1/2 cup small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1/4 red capsicum (pepper) (sliced into long, thin strips)
- 1/3 cup mushrooms (finely sliced)
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- (Spiralized young coconut meat also works well in this dish)
- 2-3 tbl tahini
- 2-3 tbl lemon juice (lime juice also works)
- 1 tbl tamari (or Braggs liquid aminos)
- 2/3 tsp fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (finely grated)
- finely sliced fresh red chilli to taste (optional)
- 1-3 tbl water (depends how thick you want it)
- Combine all the veggies and nuts in a bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar (and shake well), or in a blender.
- Pour dressing over salad and eat.
- You can also add fresh coriander and/or mint/Thai basil at this point.
Note: Only dress the portion you plan to eat. Store any leftovers in a glass container and add the remaining dressing just before you eat it.